July 16, 2013

Goodwill Goods::Art Glass

Hi everyone! It's been a while, but I have another installment of my Goodwill Goods series. Remember the post I did about my Goodwill finds here? I could probably do a whole years worth of posts just on the stuff I find at thrift stores! I am waaaay behind in sharing all my discoveries, so this is just my 'latest' find.

I love Art Glass and all my drinking glasses were/are collected over time, not bought as a set. Some Art Glass can be soooo expensive though, so I am always looking for 'friendlier on my budget' versions. I wrote about that here. I use art glasses as my everyday drinking glasses, so inevitably one gets broken here and there, but that's okay because I always seem to find one or two whenever I'm out and not really looking for them. This is one of my favorites so far, found at Goodwill.


 For only $1.99!

So hard to capture in a photograph, the different colors each have their own iridescent shift which change colors as you tilt the glass. Soooo pretty!

Can't read the signature, but the date is 1997. I go to the Sawdust Festival in Laguna Beach every year and there are a few glass artists there whose booths I make sure to visit. I occasionally will splurge and buy one of their glasses, which look exactly like this one, signed and dated by the artist, and generally cost anywhere from $35 to $50 per glass! Very well worth it for the skill that goes into it, just not in *MY* budget very often!


It's not like finding a Picasso at a garage sale, but I'll take a buck .99 art glass signed and dated any day of the week! It's finding joy in those little things :-) What have you found lately?




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...