March 15, 2012

Goodwill Goods::Objet d'art

Over the past six months or so, I have amassed quite a treasure trove of interesting objects from Goodwill. I am going to start a new series to share them all with you; Goodwill Goods. I will share the object, how much I paid for it, how I changed it to fit my design (or not) and how I'm using it now.  Here is the first of the series.........

Found this way cool acrylic 'block' for only $1.99


 What caught my eye was the shape and heft of it. It's about two inches thick.


I really liked that it was clear, but the acrylic had a few noticeable scratches on one side, so I decided to add pattern to that side to camouflage the scratches.

Found this funky paper...


Whipped out the Mod Podge...


Et voila!


I use this in many of the small tabletop vignettes I have around and it always adds a dose of geometry, color, pattern and interest. 

Stay tuned for more Goodwill Goods!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...