April 16, 2012

Slipcover Progress

Just wanted to keep you guys in the loop as far as the progress I am making on a slipcover for my vintage curved settee...yes, I said Progress! A couple of sneak peeks:

This is the current state of affairs in my living room. It's worse than it looks in this picture....much worse! Loose thread everywhere, straight pins all over the place, several pairs of scissors lying around, but it's a productive mess, so....

This is the stencil I cut specifically for this project. As you can see, I am using purple to print the fabric. I am having to cut the pieces first, print the fabric, then pin it all together before sewing, which is why I haven't finished yet! But it will be done soon......very soon!


My blog friend Michelle told me this would be a challenging piece to slipcover because it has a curved back and seat, and she was right! She would know about re-upholstering tricky curves and tight spots...see her amazing chair makeover here. I felt a bit like an engineering degree would come in handy in figuring out all the curves and angles and how they fit together. Needless to say, I ripped a lot of seams! It's a good learning curve, though.......get it? Learning curve....*cymbal clash*



And it's all coming together. 

I hope **fingers crossed** to have it finished today. I am really excited to have it finished and checked off the to-do list.

Stay Tuned!


3 comments:

sheerserendipity said...

It looks great so far, I can't wait to see when it is completed.

Mitch and Serretta Barlow said...

How did you stencil the slipcover? What kind of paint did you use? It looks awesome so far! Going to be fun to see it all done!

Cheryl said...

Love the color you are using! You are very talented. I have always wanted to be able to paint/reupholster old furniture. I see the potential in old stuff, but it would just remain old stuff at my house. Have fun and enjoy your finished product!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...