February 5, 2011

Pretty in Pink

 Pink is one of my favorite colors. I'm in good company.

There is pink music:
Pink Floyd, "Mr. Pink Eyes" by The Cure, "Pink Cadillac" by Bruce Springsteen, "Pink" by Aerosmith, "Pink & Blue" by OutKast,  "Pink Cashmere" by Prince, "Pink Orange Red" by Cocteau Twins, "Pretty in Pink" by The Psychedelic Furs and on and on and on....

There are pink movies:
The Pink Panther, Pretty in Pink, Pink Flamingo......


There are pink phrases:
Tickled Pink, In the Pink, "Pink is the navy blue of India." --Diana Vreeland......

There are pink brands:
Mary Kay,  Pepto Bismol, Victorias Secret.......

There is the promise of grade school girls everywhere: The Pinkie Swear

There is pink food: Pink Grapefruit, Cotton Candy, Bubblegum, and what sweet morsel doesn't taste better when it comes out of a pink pastry box?

All of this, and yet pink often goes overlooked as a design color of choice.  Not by me. I almost consider it a neutral!  I think I painted my daughters room in floor to ceiling pink to live vicariously in a pink room!






So, how do you feel about pink?  Do you get tickled pink at the sight of it, or does it leave you feeling like you've just received a pink slip?  Leave me a comment and let me know!  As always, thanks for stopping by and please consider 'following' me!

1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

Only hot, saturated pink for me or salmony pink or purply pink...or...just not the paled out pink except when you use it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...