November 21, 2010

Silver Love


I guess you could call me a Magpie as I'm attracted to any shiny thing.  Particularly silver and particularly round shiny things, even more so!  In fact, Freud himself might have something to say about my obsession with silver balls!  I have them in just about every room in my house, and never tire of looking at them!


Whenever out shopping, I keep a lookout for these beauties as they make great gifts, especially at this time of year.  In fact, I have been the instigator in several friends newly aquired obsession of all things round and silver!




I guess gold or bronze would be cool too, but I've never seen the same availability or selection in those colors.  What do you think?  Would you do silver, gold, bronze or a color like blue or green?  Also, do you prefer glass or stainless steel orbs?  The glass ones are available at most Mexican imports stores and the stainless ones seem to have the best availability at garden centers.  I like both, but stainless is more practical for me since I have kids.  Stainless = no breakage!  All of my glass orbs are up high, out of reach, nestled together above my kitchen cabinets.  While not usually a fan of over-cabinet-decoration (read: dust magnet!) I think these catch the light and lend an otherwise dead space some much needed life.

Hope you enjoyed sharing my silver love/obsession with me and as always, won't you consider following my blog on the right side bar?  Thank you so much for visiting!

As ever,

1 comment:

Christi said...

I'm a follower now! I showed up!! I like it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...