April 26, 2012

Fun at the County Fair

I haven't been to a county fair in about 15 years and never with my kids, so when the Pima County Fair rolled into town, we decided it was high time to get ourselves to it! It's funny, nothing has changed much. It's all the same greasy but good food, same games that are a complete rip off no-one ever wins, and same crazy, vomit inducing rides that I stopped being able to ride waaaay back when I was still a 'kid.' We stuck to the roller coaster type rides, the ferris wheel and a few others. Of course the 13 year old was begging me to go on 'The Zipper.' I had to explain that if I rode the Zipper, I would probably puke in his lap midway through the ride, so he changed him mind about that one. Really the only thing that has changed is the way they accept ride 'tickets.' There are no longer tickets...it's a card loaded up with how ever many ride tickets you purchase, and the ride operators have an electronic reader/scanner that deducts the amount of tickets needed for that particular ride from the card. Pretty easy, but I quickly lost track of how many ticket we had used or were left on the card. Anyway, we had a great time and may go back again before the fair rolls out of town on it's way to a strip of vacant land somewhere near you!




Ya gotta have the ice cream with the sprinkles!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...