November 17, 2011

My Craigslist Affair: Deal O' the Day

Oh Craigslist, as if I even need to explain my affection for you....you lure me in with your one liners "Vintage look Mirror with hooks & shelf" or "Vintage Wooden Folding Garden Table Shabby Green Old" and then you make me laugh with your charming typos and cross cultural language phonetics. It is so cute when you say "Dinning Table" and when you let me know if something is in "good conditions."

My love, just recently you gave me two of these lamps and I only paid $30 for the pair....

You are so generous to provide two and they could have easily cost double that EACH. You also show how much you care by the quality of these lamps; No breakable glass or lightweight metal here, these are heavy, solid chrome and could be used as a weapon in the event you are not around to defend me. You knew I wasn't a fan of the black shades, but you encouraged me to try them anyway and explained I could easily change them out later...you are so positive like that! Finally, you proved to me you were really listening to my desires...you obviously realized how much I love shiny silver objects like I wrote about here and here, and these beautiful lamps combine my love of impractical decoration with a more useful purpose. Oh Craigslist, how I love you. Please, let's go on like this forever......



xox,

4 comments:

Pamela Bates said...

classic. they'll never go out of style. very hollywood regency meets mid century. good find!

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Ahh, fighting jealousy . . . hhhhappy for you . . .

Warmly, Michelle

Laura/Hayestone/Design Share said...

Thanks Ladies! Tee-hee-hee....Michelle, you're funny! Pam, you called it: Hollywood Regency/ Mid Century Mod...love 'em both! Michelle, if I ever pass them along, I'll let you know first :-)

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Lucky! Love them & I'm sad about Nate too. I had a goal to someday be one his show. {A long shot I know, but a girl can dream!}

Warmly, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...