November 1, 2010

Textiles and Technology


I was recently complimented on the header here on the home page, and asked how I did it.  Well, I'm sure many people out there have done this too: I scanned a beloved piece of threadbare fabric I've had for years. It originally looked like this


It is one of my very favorite motifs, and in any graphics program you can tweak the color scheme to whatever combination you can imagine.  For the header, I did a grey on grey scheme, but bright colors would be awesome too!

Can't you just see this on a Louis XVI chair?
Super feminine boudoir
Sweet in a baby's room
Super Mid Century
Classic Black and White
Multi Cultural Color


 As you can see, the possibilities are endless!  This is but one example of a scanned fabric....I have done dozens of patterns over the years.  Find one you love and change it up with scaling the pattern bigger or smaller and swapping colors.  You'll love the results.  Happy Scanning!

Edit: If you're reading this now, you probably noticed the header has changed. I like to switch things up every once in a while!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...